Vittorio’s Kitchen "La Cucina di Vittorio"
Chicken with Bacon and Honey
Serves: Serves 4
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon finely
chopped fresh sage
- Salt and black
- 8 boneless chicken
Thighs, rinsed and patted dry
- 8 thin slices of
- 8 Skewers, short if
metal, wood skewers preferred.
- 2 tablespoons olive
- 1/2 cup grape juice,
(Substitute with orange and add 1 tsp spoon lemon juice and 2 tsp of orange
- 3 oz white wine
- 1tablespoon butter
- 8 tips of fresh rosemary, broken in half, save the tender
tip to roll in the Thigh
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the marinade: mix the honey, vinegar, sage,
and salt and pepper to taste. Season the
chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Place the tender tip of rosemary and 1 or 2
slice of garlic, roll loosely; wrap the outside of each thigh with a slice of
- Lay 2 of the thigh side by side. Run a skewer through one side of both
pieces. Run a second skewer through the
opposite side of the pieces.
- Repeat with the remaining thighs.
- Trim the skewers to fit into a frying pan. (pan needs to be oven proof)
- Generously brush with the marinade.
- Heat the olive oil (add optional 2-tsp butter)
in the skillet and sauté for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes, to
finish cooking; do not over cook, will dry to out.
- Remove from pan, let rest.
- Discard most of the fat from the pan.
- Add the grape juice wine and the remaining
rosemary to the pan.
- Cook over low heat and reduce until thickened
and syrupy, about 6 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk the butter into the sauce to finish. Strain.
- Remove the skewer and place 2 Thigh on each
- Spoon the sauce over the top.
- Garnish with lemon wages o same chopped paisley
or both the rosemary. Serve immediately.