Leg of Lamb (2) with Mint Sauce
- Boneless leg of lamb, trim
- 3 oz Prosciutto.
- 6 oz Mint leaves
- 4 Spoon red vinegar,
- 2 Spoon brown sugar. ( substitute with cane sugar cane is OK)
- 4 Clove garlic
- 3 Table spoon chopped
- Fresh rosemary. (2 tender tips)
- 6 oz dry white wine.
- 4 ts olive oil (substitute
with 4 oz butter, or 50/50)
- 3 cups beef broth, kept warm
- Salt and pepper.
- Chop fine, Prosciutto,
garlic, half of the mint, mix well with parsley.
- Open the lamb on cutting
- Brush with oil, salt and
pepper on both sides, the exterior of leg lamb should touch the board.
- Spread the mix uniformly over
- Roll firmly and tight with
- In oven proof frying pan, pre heat oil (Butter), brown the lamb
- Add wine and rosemary, cook 1
hour, add broth when is necessary transfer in pre heated 375 F oven, for
30 minutes, or till ready
- Now start the sauce, chop the
remaining mint, mix with sugar and 6 oz water, cook till look creamy.
- Add vinegar cook for few
- Remove lamb from oven, lay meat on cutting board, cover,
needs to rest for few minutes.
- Pour the sauce in pan mix will. ( should be no fat in pan, if you see some
remove before mixing)
- Remove the twine, lay slices on serving platter, cover
- Decorate with lemon wedges, and serve.
Zinfandel, Petit Syrah, Burgundy will be the wine of my choice,