Fettuccine in Alfredo Sauce (Light)
I use a reduced amount of butter, substitute heavy cream with half and half, reduce the cheese quantity in the attempt to reduce the fat, if you do not have concern about fat
double the butter and use whipping cream in place of half and half.
1. 2 ts butter
2. 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
3. 3 oz dry white wine
4. ¼ cup ½ and ½
5. 6oz Grated parmesan cheese
6. Salt end white pepper
7. Pinch nutmeg
8. 1 Spoon chopped parsley to add at the end. ( only if you like to add some color to the dish)
9. 1 pound uncooked fettuccine
1. In sauce large enough to hold the amount of fettuccine, melt butter.
2. Add garlic, cook till transparent, removing from the stove and quickly cool with white wine, return to the stove and let the alcohol evaporate.
3. Add the half and half, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. Let reduce for few minutes, stirring constantly.
Should be plenty sauce to coat the pasta.
5. Reduce the heat, add cooked fettuccine.
6. Toss adding the cheese, (If you decide to use some parsley add now or sprinkle on top after you dish-up with some extra cheese.)